We practice in most areas of general law, including but not limited to the following:
Trust & Estate Law
- General and Enduring Powers of Attorney (including those for Personal Care & Welfare and Property);
- Family Trusts (including formation, administration, variations and distribution);
- Estate/succession planning;
- Elder law;
- Will preparation – which is a free service for all our clients;
- Estate administration (obtaining probate & letters of administration and estate distribution).
Family & Relationship Property
- Relationship Property Agreements (including s 21 Contracting Out Agreements);
- Separation Agreements;
- Family arrangement and property sharing agreements;
- Custody, child support and care of children.
Property Law, Maori Land Law & Related Matters
- Residential, rural and commercial property transactions;
- First home purchases utilising the KiwiSaver and Homestart grants;
- Mortgages, re-mortgages and reverse equity loans;
- Licences to occupy;
- Subdivisions, cross leases, update of cross lease plans and conversions to freehold title;
- Kainga Whenua loan scheme;
- Commercial lease arrangements;
- Property sharing, occupation and associated agreements.
Employment, Commercial & Franchise Law
- Employment contract/agreements, redundancy and dismissal;
- Franchise agreements;
- Company and commercial law.
Criminal & Traffic Law
- Criminal law (both private and legal aid matters);
- Traffic law and limited licence applications;